Sustainability, great design and durability are at the core of all Sparkk products.
The textile industry is the third most polluting industry in the world (coming after oil and agriculture) and we think that waste is an important issue to address. After agriculture, textile production is the world’s biggest water polluter, mostly because of the dyeing process and is estimated at 20% of industrial water pollution. Each year, an enormous amount of harsh, toxic chemicals are released into our environment, not to mention these textiles then end up in a landfill with many never to biodegrade.
So we think that waste and recycling is an important issue to address in this industry.
Digital printing is making huge leaps in terms of sustainability within the textile industry due to it’s much lower energy consumption with no water being used (which is an incredible step forward for textile production!)
1. On demand production means we don’t print until you order it. This eliminates large minimums and dead stock that is hugely wasteful.
2. Lower energy consumption in the printing and production processes
3. Zero water consumption - our printers don’t require any water to produce the brightest, most durable colours. For an industry that is responsible for 20% of industrial water pollution, this is a huge step in the right direction!
4. Low-waste production - we aim to use all of the cloth that is printed, and with the small offcuts that we have (about 1% of all production) is recycled with a textile recycling firm in Sydney
5. An extremely passionate and knowledgable team of printers that know the machines like the back of their hands. They are regularly serviced and updated to ensure the highest efficiency with the lowest impact.
Join our vibrant community and we'll send you our sales (before anyone else), new collections and all things interiors. No spam, promise.